Training environment access for most instructor-led online events will be provided to attendees during class via a web-accessible remote desktop environment. Please make sure your computer and network firewall meet the minimum system requirements below.
For students attending Raiser's Edge, Raiser's Edge NXT, Financial Edge, and Financial Edge NXT training, please verify that the computer you plan to use for your class meets these requirements at least one day before the scheduled start time.
Open Network Firewall Ports
- Customers using Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later (Vista, 7, 8, 10) and Remote Desktop Client 8.0 and above can connect to our virtual sample database environment using a standard secure firewall port (443). This port is usually open for you if you are able to log in to a secure website from the location and workstation from which you will attend training. An example of a secure website is your online banking system.
- Mac customers and those Windows customers using a version of Windows XP below Service Pack 3 need to ensure they have access to outbound TCP firewall ports in the range (55001-55100). This port range is usually accessible by default for the majority of Blackbaud customers. If you are unsure, ask your office helpdesk or IT staff.
- Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later (Vista, 7, 8, 10)
- Remote Desktop Connection Client 8.0 or above. These instructions show you how to find your version of the Remote Desktop Connection Client.
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later
- Follow these instructions to install the Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac:
- Click the Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac link to view in the Mac App Store.
- Download the app from the Mac App Store and launch it.
- Follow the installation prompts in the app.
For students attending FIMS training, please download and install Citrix at least one day before your class' scheduled start time.